Community Outreach

Items that we will be collecting in Sep & Oct 2024 – to be divided between My Sister’s Place, The Alliston Food Bank and S.H.I.F.T. (Support and Hope for Individuals and Families Today formally Out of the Cold)

Hand and foot warmers

Socks

Underwear

Deodorant

Feminine Hygiene products

Back packs

Hats & mitts

Shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, toothpaste & toothbrushes

Hand & body lotion

Juice crystals (any flavor)

Juice boxes

Coffee, sugar and whitener

Individually packaged snacks, granola bars, fruit cups, pudding cups, rice krispies, bear paws

Powdered milk

Spices

Vegetable oil

Knot Bag and Heart Pillow Instructions – updated 1 Sept 2023

Quilting Corners Guild – Outreach Update – added 2 June 2023

Community Outreach Sizing Chart – added 19 April 2022

Poppy Quilt Blockadded February 18, 2022

Click on the link to see Community Outreach Quilt Sizing Chart. – added 14 Mar 2021

Click the link to see our presentation to Simcoe Manor. QCG – Simcoe Manor Pres Sept 2020

Our Guild celebrated Christmas in July by making presentations to My Sister’s Place and Matthews House.  Click on the link for pictures and information:  Christmas in July Presentationsadded 1 Jul 2020

The 2020 Quilts of Valour – Canada Bento Box quilt shared at our February guild meeting.  There is a link included with instructions and various setting options. Make a block or several or a whole quilt. Partner with a buddy and have fun working – together for a great piece of Canadiana. 

Instructions Quilt of Valour – Bento Box quilt – added 6 Feb 2020

Our guild celebrated Christmas in July by presenting quilts to My Sister’s Place, Matthews House and Quilts of Valour.  Click on the link for pictures and  information:  July presentations webpage

Quilting Corner’s Guild Contributions – click on title to left to access updated information – updated Feb 1, 2019

My Sister’s Place

Since 1987, People in Transition (Alliston) Inc., “My Sister’s Place” has been providing support to women and their children in south Simcoe County. They provide emergency shelter, crisis counselling, outreach and legal advocacy, as well as transitional housing support services. Through accessing these services, women and their children begin their journey towards a life free of violence.

Our guild has been proud to participate in a community project with My Sister’s Place over the last few years. Members have created approximately 160 quilts for women and children who have need of their services.  Members have generously given of their time and materials to provide comfort to those in need.

Matthews House Hospice

As a community resource, Matthews House Hospice provides a special place for people in need. It is their goal to offer compassionate physical, emotional and social support to people living with life threatening illness, their families and caregivers as well as the bereaved.  Matthews House provides many day programs such as yoga, playing with colours, men’s group and circle support groups.  Matthews House is a safe place to relax, to learn, to help let go of worries and get energy for the journey ahead. Recently, Matthews House Hospice has lost a large amount of their funding. In order to assist in fund raising, the Quilting Corners Guild has provided a number of quilts to be used in raffles by Matthews House. Members of the guild provided materials and time to create these lovely quilts.